Inquest into murder victim closed
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk coroner has closed an investigation into the death of a murder victim.
Cristina Magda-Calancea, 26, known as Kyky to friends and family, was killed after a frenzied attack by her jealous boyfriend, Gediminas Jasinskas, in her garage in Fenland Road, King's Lynn,
The 30-year-old murderer was sentenced to a minimum of 20 years after he stabbed his ex-girlfriend more than 20 times on September 21 2018.
Jasinskas waited in the garage for her to return at about 10pm when he started stabbing her with a vegetable knife which Norwich Crown Court heard was 'left in her neck'.
The emergency services were called and Miss Magda-Calancea was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Lynn but went into cardiac arrest and died the following morning.
Senior Coroner Jacqueline Lake said: 'This case has been heard in court with a person convicted.
'This inquest will not be resumed.'
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day