Man was found dead behind retail park, court hears
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man was found dead behind a shopping centre, an inquest heard.
Drainage workers found Joshua Hayes in bushes behind Home Bargains on the St Nicholas Retail Park in King's Lynn on October 15 last year.
Mr Hayes, who was of no fixed abode, was pronounced dead at the scene by a paramedic.
An inquest into his death at Lynn coroner's court heard he was vulnerable due to his drug addiction and homelessness.
Police found drug paraphernalia near Mr Hayes's body. Officers found no injuries and concluded that there were no suspicious circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hayes had been under the care of different agencies since 2012, who had tried to help him with his drug problems. But the court heard that his engagement was "sporadic".
A post mortem gave the cause of his death as combined cocaine and amphetamine toxicity.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
Assistant coroner Johanna Thompson concluded that his death was drug related.