Inquest into death of motorcyclist delayed due to possible court action
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into a motorcyclist who was killed in a crash with a car has been delayed pending potential criminal proceedings.
Steven Mouncer, 54, died on October 26, 2018, in Needham, south Norfolk, near Harleston.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake, held a review into the death at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich, on November 5.
Ms Blake said: "He was involved in an rtc between his motorbike and a car. The inquest cannot continue if there is going to be a prosecution."
She adjourned it for another review on February 10.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mouncer's funeral was held at St John the Baptist Church in Harleston.
Donations from the service were given to the British Biker Relief Foundation.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
Bikers carried out a funeral escort around the town and supported Mr Mouncer's family by riding to Waveney Memorial Park and Crematorium after the service.