Injured Holt rugby player airlifted to hospital
An air ambulance was called yesterday evening after a rugby player was injured in Holt.
During a tackle, player Ollie Denton injured his shoulder and needed treatment from the ambulance team.
He was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he was treated before being taken home.
Holt Rugby Club captain, Bruce Van Poortvliet, said: 'When he first did it he said he couldn't feel his arms or legs, he has to go back on Monday for check ups.
'He is at home now and he's not too bad, it was more of a precaution more than anything.'
You may also want to watch:
The club were playing Diss at Bridge Road and won the match 13-0.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones