Incredible photo gives a new perspective on Norwich Castle
- Credit: HexCam
It is an icon of our city's skyline.
But few will have seen Norwich Castle from this perspective.
Taken by aerial imaging specialists HexCam, the picture was taken at dawn on Sunday during a city centre rooftop i nspection.
The business was given consent by Norwich City Council to carry out an inspection during a time when there are as few people around as possible -– creating the perfect early morning moment for the stunning image.
Andy Bodycombe, managing director of HexCam, said: 'We were just about to land and pack away when the sun suddenly burst through the clouds and cast a shaft of light across the Castle Keep.'
You may also want to watch:
Castle Mall and Norwich Cathedral also make appearances in the foreground and background of the picture, while the north east of the city stretches beyond.
Have you taken a picture of Norwich from an unique angle? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your shots.
For more information on HexCam, click here
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home