Increased annual sales and profits for Woodbridge-based garden centres group Notcutts
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Garden centre group Notcutts, has announced a healthy performance with sales up 5.3% to £71.3m and operating profits up 57.7% in the year ending February 2017.
The business which has its head office in Woodbridge and operates 18 garden centres around England, said profit before tax increased 114% to £6.61m.
The company has said that part its development programme is to feature a Notcutts show garden in all its centres
Notcutts chief executive Nick Burrows said: 'We are pleased with another year of progress as we continue with the implementation of our five-year plan.
'There have been many encouraging milestones for us this year in addition to our financial progress. We now have five fully-modernised and updated garden centres in Woodford Park, Norwich, Staines, Tunbridge Wells and Wheatcroft and are well progressed to improve a number of our other centres.'
You may also want to watch:
The designs of the Notcutts show gardens have been the inspiration of Marco De Jongh, head of visual merchandising, and company chairman Nicky Dulieu, who was recently appointed to the commercial board of the Royal Horticultural Society.
Nicky said: 'Expertise in gardening and a rich horticultural heritage are qualities that mark Notcutts out to many of our customers. In our 120th anniversary year, we wanted to celebrate with something iconic to demonstrate this and truly inspire our customers.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Nicky Dulieu joined Notcutts in 2014 and recruited Nick Burrows as chief executive in 2015. Together with Caroline Notcutt, vice chairman; Bryan Laxton, non-executive director; and Julian Herbert, finance director, they make up the Notcutts group board.