Important transport information for Norwich City’s civic reception
Tomorrow night's civic reception to celebrate Norwich City's promotion success at City Hall will see the Canaries celebrate on the balcony before going out on their open-top bus parade.
Norwich City Council have announced further details for the event, including extra park and ride buses to get people home after the celebrations.
The park and ride services will operate normally at the Costessey and Sprowston sites, with the last buses from Norwich bus station at 6.30pm, but extra buses will serve the Airport, Harford, Postwick and Thickthorn sites every 15 to 20 minutes, with the last buses from the bus station at 8.30pm. Airport and Sprowston services will run to and from Upper King Street after 4pm, but all other services will operate from the bus station as normal.
There will be diversions from bus stops on Westlegate, Red Lion Street, Theatre Street and Castle Meadow, mainly to stops on St Stephens or Tombland depending on the route, but check at the bus station or on www.norwich.gov.uk for full details.
Meanwhile, during the civic reception, there will be no access to the newly-refurbished memorial gardens outside City Hall until around 10pm tomorrow night. The castle gardens, green, bridge and mound will also not be open to the public or accessible as viewing areas during the open-top bus parade.
Bus passengers looking to get the railway station should also be aware that some services will not be serving the railway station.
The changes will be in place from 4pm until 6am on Wednesday morning to avoid confusion for passengers.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- St Stephens stand A
Simonds 1 and 2, Long Stratton and Diss, starts here - does not go to rail station.
Semmence 10A, East Harling, does not go from Castle Meadow at 5.40pm
- St Stephens stand B
Anglian 121, Eaton, starts here - does not go to rail station.
- St Stephens stand E
Norse 100, County Hall, go to Bus Station bay 12.
- St Stephens stand F
Eastons 25, Reepham, go to Tombland.
- St Stephens stand G
Simonds 1 and 2, rail station, does not go to rail station.
- St Stephens stand H
Anglian 121, rail station, does not go to rail station.
- St Stephens stand I
Sanders 44, 44A, X44, Aylsham and Sheringham, go to Rouen Road or Tombland.
Sanders 55, North Walsham, go to Rouen Road or Tombland.
A full list can be found at: www.norfolk.gov.uk/Travel_and_transport/