Images show what Great Yarmouth Troll cart pub will look like after £3.5m work
- Credit: Archant
These artist impressions show how a revamped JD Wetherspoon pub in Great Yarmouth will have a new look bar area, garden and bedrooms when it re-opens.
The Troll Cart on Regent Road has seen the start of a £3.5m project that will see a 22 hotel added above it, its bar area given a fresh new look and a spacious rear garden added.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: 'We are delighted work has started on the new-look pub and creation of the 22-bedroom hotel.
'We believe the £3.55m project will result in a wonderful looking pub and first-class hotel.'
For the work the Troll Cart will close on August 13 and it is due to re-open on December 5 as a bar and hotel.
You may also want to watch:
The plans were approved by the borough council in December and they will see an adjoining one-storey building demolished.
JD Wetherspoon also hopes to open the William Adams pub in Gorleston in November.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van