Images show what Great Yarmouth Troll cart pub will look like after £3.5m work
- Credit: Archant
These artist impressions show how a revamped JD Wetherspoon pub in Great Yarmouth will have a new look bar area, garden and bedrooms when it re-opens.
The Troll Cart on Regent Road has seen the start of a £3.5m project that will see a 22 hotel added above it, its bar area given a fresh new look and a spacious rear garden added.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: 'We are delighted work has started on the new-look pub and creation of the 22-bedroom hotel.
'We believe the £3.55m project will result in a wonderful looking pub and first-class hotel.'
For the work the Troll Cart will close on August 13 and it is due to re-open on December 5 as a bar and hotel.
The plans were approved by the borough council in December and they will see an adjoining one-storey building demolished.
JD Wetherspoon also hopes to open the William Adams pub in Gorleston in November.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'