Ikon arrives at Mettingham church
A Suffolk-based Russian Orthodox Church took delivery of an important addition this week.
The Ikon of the Mother of God, Joy of All Who Sorrow church in Mettingham has blessed a painting of the Ikon of St Wandregesilius.
The painter of the ikon, Efrem Carrasco, travelled from Manchester to deliver it in person to the Rev Andrew Bond on Wednesday.
St Wandregesilius is said to be an important saint in the south Norfolk and Waveney area with pilgrimages made to the church dedicated to him at Bixley, near Norwich, from across the region.
The country church of the Ikon of the Mother of God Joy of All Who Sorrow is the only Orthodox place of worship between Ipswich and Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
It was founded in 2008 and is under the canonical care of the Russian Orthodox Church. It is open every day.
For more information visit www.joyofallwhosorrow.org.uk
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
To view more pictures of the ikon see our website photo gallery in the top right hand corner.