If you’re a Norwich and Peterborough current account customer, your account will close on August 31
- Credit: Mark Bickerdike Photography
Norwich and Peterborough Building Society will be closing all its current accounts as it looks to focus on its 'core business' of mortgages and savings.
The building society announced on its website that all current accounts will close on August 31, adding that it is in the process of contacting all account holders.
It follows the announcement by its parent company Yorkshire Building Society Group in January that 28 Norwich and Peterborough (N&P) branches will be closing across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, with the possible loss of 136 jobs.
On its website N&P said: 'As a building society, our primary purpose is to provide members with a secure place for their savings and support them in buying their own homes.
'We believe we can best do this by focusing on our core business of mortgages and savings. This has led us to take the difficult decision to close all Norwich & Peterborough current accounts, by August 31 2017.'
The building society said it will be writing to all current account customers to inform them of the next steps they need to take.
You may also want to watch:
MORE: I'm a Norwich and Peterborough account holder – what do I do now?Mike Regnier, chief executive of Yorkshire Building Society, said in January that continuing to offer an N&P current account would require a 'significant increase' in investment which 'would not represent good long-term value' for its members.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
Norwich and Peterborough branches to close:
• Aylsham Road, Norwich
• North Street, Bourne
• Bowthorpe Main Centre, Wendene, Norwich
• Bretton Centre, Bretton, Peterborough
• Market Place, Bungay
• St Andrews Street, Cambridge
• St Stephens Arcade, Chapelfield, Norwich
• High Street, Dereham
• Wales Court, Downham Market
• Bridge Street, Fakenham
• High Street, Huntingdon
• High Street, Leiston
• Broad Street, March
• Market Place, Market Deeping
• Market Place, North Walsham
• Market Place, Oundle
• Plumstead Road, Norwich
• High Street, Sawston
• High Street, Sheringham
• Market Place, Southwold
• Sheep Market, Spalding
• High Street, Stamford
• King Street, Thetford
• High Street, Watton
• Skaters Way, Werrington, Peterborough
• Market Place, Whittlesey
• Station Road, Wroxham
• Market Place, Wymondham