“I have been kept awake all night” Cromer homeowners speak out after six years of humming noise
- Credit: Archant
Tired and frustrated homeowners in Cromer have called for others to come forward to tackle an ongoing noise from underneath their homes.
Kathryn Smith, who moved to her Shipden Avenue cottage eight years ago, said she has had limited sleep for the past six years, when the disturbing noise began.
After complaints to Environmental Health and Anglian Water, Mrs Smith, 68, said she was sent a letter with advice on 'how to relax'.
'I have been kept awake all night,' said Mrs Smith, who is retired. 'We don't know when the noise is going to appear.'
Mrs Smith said the sound seemed to vibrate underneath her house, but could not be heard from outside.
You may also want to watch:
She said her neighbours had suffered a similar experience.
'I had Anglian Water out on New Year's Day and the only thing they could suggest was the nearby sewage works,' she said. A spokesman for North Norfolk District Council said environmental health officers had been to visit the property.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
She said: 'A mechanical hum could be heard but unfortunately the source has not been located which makes taking remedial action extremely difficult.
'We understand it must be extremely frustrating and have offered advice in terms of coping with low frequency noise.'
Have you and your neighbours got a mystery to solve? Email email@example.com