Spectacular pictures show husky racing championship in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
It's not your usual sporting event that would be found in the Norfolk countryside.
But a snowy weekend in Thetford saw husky dog owners from around the country taking part in a British Champion race, hosted jointly, by the British Siberian Husky Racing Association (BSHRA) and the Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain (SHCGB) at Thetford Forest.
Unfortunately there wasn't quite enough snow fall to use sleds, so they were replaced by specialist three-wheeled rigs.
Depending on which classification a husky has, the race trails can range from two to six miles.
The races conclude today, February 3.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17