Husband-and-wife team celebrate representing Norfolk for a national award
A husband-and-wife team who run a delicatessen in Hunstanton are celebrating representing Norfolk for a national award.
The Norfolk Deli, on Greevegate, was started up just two years ago and now Mark Kacary and his wife Rosie have received recognition at the highest level.
Mr Kacary, 56, who wanted to highlight Hunstanton as an exciting place to visit and work in, said: 'I am personally a great believer that for any business no matter what it is, it's about fail to plan, plan to fail. You shouldn't sit back and think to yourself, 'that's it, my job is done'. I think my job is done the day I sell the business. For as long as I am involved in the business and as long as it's my concern, we can't stand still.'
The couple are 'delicatessen of the year 2016' finalists of the Farm Shop and Deli awards.
Mr Kacary, who has a background in marketing and IT, and Mrs Kacary, who was an actress then a midwife, took over the business in 2014 when it was the Wine Cellar and Deli.
You may also want to watch:
Their vision was to focus on promoting the 'deli' side of the store and their shop supports local produce and independent businesses.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country