Hunstanton artist Paul White exhibiting at Eaton Hotel, in Kowloon
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk artist is set for his second one man show in Hong Kong.
Hunstanton-based abstract painter Paul White is launching a full exhibition of his work from March 22 - May 22, at the Eaton Hotel, Kowloon.
Forty pieces from his portfolio of more 4,500 original pieces created since the mid-1960s, have been curated especially for this Far East showcase.
The exhibition on the ground floor of the Eaton Hotel, on one of the busiest roads onto the island, follows a successful show at a more modest venue on the island last year.
'Last years exhibition was a smaller venue but an excellent start in building an audience for my art in Hong Kong and Kowloon,' said Mr White as the show go under way.
'Organising exhibitions abroad especially so far from the UK is not for the faint hearted.'
Originally a graduate of London's acclaimed Central School of Art and Design and the St Albans School of Fine Arts, Mr White has exhibited all over the UK and is featured in private collections across the globe. He is also represented by Saatchi Galleries.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out
While no single label can define his work, his work has been shaped by his response to life events and topics spanning the late 20th and early 21st centuries, capturing unique vignettes in a vibrant style.
His work has been described in turns as vibrant, wacky, colourful, varied, surreal, figurative and abstract, amongst others.
Based in Norfolk, a land that Mr White describes as 'imbued with mystery and mystical lore', inspires some of his work, while his poignant observations from his travels around the world inject a quirky and humorous view in his bold acrylics and mixed media world.
Paul White's paintings are described as a powerful outlet for his voice that speaks to issues of the day from the contemporary to the cosmic.
As well as more abstract pieces, some works take a slightly surreal, off-beat perspective on the beaches and sand dunes of the coast around Mr White's studio.
The towering structures of Kowloon inspire as much as the beach huts of old Hunstanton.
The exhibition runs from today until May 22 at the Eaton Hotel, Kowloon.
For more, go online to https://www.saatchiart.com/artshed67.