Hunstanton and Skegness lifeboats launched to aid of two vessels in difficulty
- Credit: Archant
Hunstanton lifeboat was launched in the early hours to go to the aid of two vessels in difficulty in The Wash.
Spirit of west Norfolk launched at 3.38am and arrived on scene at 4.42a and met the Skegness lifeboat, which had taken four persons off of one of the boats and secured it ready to tow it beck into Boston.
The Hunstanton crew located the other vessel, which was a 21 ft yacht, and took that in tow.
The two persons on the yacht had run aground and had contacted a friend in Boston to see if he could come out and rescue them.
He and another person set out in an angling boat but developed engine problems on the way out to sea.
You may also want to watch:
They then contacted the Humber Coastguard, which paged the RNLI lifeboat crews.
After a long tow to Boston and waiting for the tide to recover the yacht, Hunstanton's crew finally got back to their station at 10.30am.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success