Hundreds pack Cromer town centre for Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Santa and his reindeer and the stars of Cromer Pier Show added a touch of magic to the town's Christmas lights switch-on festival, which attracted crowds in their hundreds on Saturday.
The all-day event included stalls and a Santa's grotto in the parish hall, a Christmas tree festival featuring nativity scenes and wreaths in the church, and entertainment including card tricks from Pier Show magician Mark James, carols from Suffield Park Infants School pupils, seasonal songs from Cromer Gospel Choir and dancing from members of Marlene's School of Dance.
Pier Show star Olly Day led the countdown, before pressing the button to light up the town helped by the young winners of a Christmas poster competition.
Thanking all those who helped make the event a success, Carnival chairman Tony Shipp said: 'As always, it has been very much a community effort and, after a damp start, we had good crowds all day.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 9 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless