Hundreds pack Cromer town centre for Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Santa and his reindeer and the stars of Cromer Pier Show added a touch of magic to the town's Christmas lights switch-on festival, which attracted crowds in their hundreds on Saturday.
The all-day event included stalls and a Santa's grotto in the parish hall, a Christmas tree festival featuring nativity scenes and wreaths in the church, and entertainment including card tricks from Pier Show magician Mark James, carols from Suffield Park Infants School pupils, seasonal songs from Cromer Gospel Choir and dancing from members of Marlene's School of Dance.
Pier Show star Olly Day led the countdown, before pressing the button to light up the town helped by the young winners of a Christmas poster competition.
Thanking all those who helped make the event a success, Carnival chairman Tony Shipp said: 'As always, it has been very much a community effort and, after a damp start, we had good crowds all day.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 9 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success