Hundreds of homes and businesses hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Almost 200 homes and businesses have been affected by two large power cuts.
A total of 197 customers across three postcodes in between Swaffham and Thetford have been affected by a power cut this evening (Friday, May 21).
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 6.47pm after an high voltage overhead electricity line fault.
A total of 21 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
Engineers were on site carrying out investigations at 8.09pm.
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
"We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
- 1 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 2 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 3 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 4 Man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash in north Norfolk
- 5 Man admits hiding camera to film 14-year-old girl in shower
- 6 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 7 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the most romantic in the country
- 9 Bid to build five industrial units in Norfolk village
- 10 'Norfolk's Battersea Dogs Home' is full as cost of living crisis bites
"Our engineers have been able to divert electricity around the faulty part of the network, restoring power to some customers.
"We know your power may now be back on, however; we'll keep sending text updates to everyone until all the power to your area is on."
Postcodes affected include IP25 6, IP26 5 and IP26 6.
Engineers have estimated that power should be restored by 12.30am on Saturday.