Hundreds of homes and businesses across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: Archant
More than 1000 homes and businesses across Norfolk have been affected by two large power cuts.
A total of 459 customers across 18 postcodes and 546 across four postcodes have been affected by an area wide power cut today.
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 9.56am on Monday, December 9 after an underground electricity cable faulted on the high voltage network, causing the area wide power cut.
A total of 24 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
Engineers were on site carrying out investigations at 11.07am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
"Our engineers have discovered that the power is off in the area due to a fault with some equipment that supports the network. We are sending a specialist team to assist with repairs."
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
Postcodes affected include, NR10 3, NR10 5, NR11 8, NR12 0, NR12 9, NR16 1, NR28 0, NR28 9, NR28 O, NR9 4, NR20 0 and NR3 3.
Engineers have estimated that power should be restored between 5 and 6pm.