Hundreds of classic vehicles go on show for the day at Flixton museum
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum in Flixton provided the perfect backdrop for a classic car show.
The special gathering yesterday had a distinctly vintage feel with motorists from the East Coast Pirates American Classic Car Club, swing dancing in the hangar and many visitors dressing the part in vintage clothing.
Chairman of the museum Ian Hancock said: 'It's a great event for us because it brings people into the museum and it also gives the motorists a place to display their exhibits.
'There has been a very friendly atmosphere and everyone can find something of interest as they go around.'
Mel Philpot was one of the hundreds of people who brought vehicles to show, with his 1931 Ford Model A pick up truck, having attended the event in previous years with motorbikes.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a good place to have it,' he said. 'And there has been quite a lot of interest, lots of people have taken photos.'
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply