Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes across three areas of Norfolk are without power this morning after an overhead line fault.
The problem, which was first reported at 7.11am on Friday, January 15, has left 324 homes and businesses without electricity across seven different postcodes.
Areas affected include Norwich, Wells, Little Massingham, Great Massingham, Litcham, Castle Acre and Necton.
UK Power Networks has apologised for any disruption, it said: "We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area.
You may also want to watch:
"To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We’ll continue to update you until everyone’s power is back on."
Engineers were sent to the site of the problem at 7.22am and arrived just after 8am.
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 10 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
The team expects the power to be returned to customers by 9.30am.
The full list of postcodes affected include; NR2 3, NR21 0, NR22 6, NR23 1, PE30 3, and PE32 2.