Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes across three areas of Norfolk are without power this morning after an overhead line fault.
The problem, which was first reported at 7.11am on Friday, January 15, has left 324 homes and businesses without electricity across seven different postcodes.
Areas affected include Norwich, Wells, Little Massingham, Great Massingham, Litcham, Castle Acre and Necton.
UK Power Networks has apologised for any disruption, it said: "We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area.
"To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We’ll continue to update you until everyone’s power is back on."
Engineers were sent to the site of the problem at 7.22am and arrived just after 8am.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
The team expects the power to be returned to customers by 9.30am.
The full list of postcodes affected include; NR2 3, NR21 0, NR22 6, NR23 1, PE30 3, and PE32 2.