Hundreds gather to see Norwich’s Castle Mall lit up in Christmas lights
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Festive cheer filled the air as hundreds of people gathered to see Norwich's Castle Mall lit up in Christmas lights.
Father Christmas, The Snowman and The Snowdog paid a visit for the occasion on Sunday, and the all-important job of turning on the Christmas lights was given to competition winners Heston Wymer, six, and Jenna Foulkes, four, as well as four-year-old Lily Greatrex who is one of the faces of the shopping centre's Real People campaign.
All three said they were really excited to turn on the lights and to meet Father Christmas, The Snowman and The Snowdog.
The big switch-on event was hosted by Dave Taylor and Heidi Secker from Heart FM, and throughout the afternoon shoppers enjoyed an array of festivities at the Castle Mall.
Open Youth Trust helped everyone get in the festive spirit by singing Christmas carols and there were also performances from the Parallel Dance Troupe and the Pauline Quirke Academy.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school