Huge fallen tree branch blocks Norwich road
- Credit: @NorwichPoliceUK
A Norwich road was blocked after a huge branch fell from a tree and damaged a car and a motorbike.
The emergency services were called to the incident in Catton Grove Road yesterday evening and the road was closed for some time with diversions puut in place.
EDP columnist Chris Goreham said: 'Apparently there was a man in the car the branch fell on. Thankfully it hit the bonnet rather than roof. He was very shaken.'
Police confirmed on Twitter shortly before 10.30pm last night that the road had reopened.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church