Housing society residents gifted with new common room
- Credit: Archant
Residents were in high spirits as the common room was opened with a coffee morning.
The Norwich Housing Society at Eleanor Road changed a previously two smaller spaces into one fresh and brighter area, with a new kitchen and easy access to the garden outside.
Sue James, a former board member, officially opened the room and said: 'It was wonderful to see the excellent refurbishment, congratulations to all concerned! It's a feature of the society that everyone is an individual. Everyone I spoke to is very happy with living here.'
Society chairman Carol Sangster said: 'This fulfils a vision we've had for some time now and it's lovely it's come to fruition.'
Norwich Housing Society runs more than 300 flats in schemes across the city.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in renting a home from Norwich Housing Society can register their interest at www.norwichhousingsociety.org, or by phoning their office on 01603 625078.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 10 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing