Hottest day of the year forecast for Norfolk as temperatures expected to soar to 21C
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
It will feel like summer has come early across parts of Norfolk today as temperatures soar to 21C.
Norwich-based forecaster Weatherquest said the north Norfolk coast is to benefit from the warmest of weather.
But forecaster Phil Garner said other parts of the county could also expect to see temperatures of around 20C.
He added: 'These temperatures are not unusual [for this time of year], however it is well above the average of 12C.
'The warmest spots will be along the north Norfolk coast in towns like Cromer and Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
'But I would not be surprised to see similar temperatures in Norwich today either.'
Mr Garner said the warm weather was coming in from the Azores and temperatures will peak at 3pm today.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
On Friday, temperatures will fall to 17C and there will be cloud and some patches of rain in the morning, followed by dry weather later in the day.
Over the weekend people can expect temperatures of 15C on Saturday, with a chance of showers in the afternoon.
Meanwhile, Sunday will be dry with temperatures reaching 16C.
• Updates to follow