Hot weather to trigger thunderstorms across Norfolk tonight
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for heavy thunderstorms in East Anglia after days of hot temperatures.
The Met Office has issued the yellow warning for large parts of the country but they have urged that the storms will be isolated in East Anglia rather then widespread like in Scotland and northern England.
Adam Dury of UEA-based Weatherquest said that the storms are set to hit Norfolk at about 6pm but reiterated the fact that they will be isolated.
'North Norfolk are most likely to see the heavy rain and thunderstorms with a slight possibly of place between Norwich and Great Yarmouth seeing a shower,' he said. 'Swaffham and The Wash may be at risk as well but personally I don't think anywhere in Suffolk or south Norfolk will see any rain.'
The first spells of rain are expected in the county at 6pm and may persist until midnight with between 5mm and 15mm of rain set to fall.
The storms will cause temperatures to drop to about 23C on Thursday but it will remain dry. On Friday there is a heavy risk of showers in the afternoon with highs of 25C.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man