Hot weather to trigger thunderstorms across Norfolk tonight
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for heavy thunderstorms in East Anglia after days of hot temperatures.
The Met Office has issued the yellow warning for large parts of the country but they have urged that the storms will be isolated in East Anglia rather then widespread like in Scotland and northern England.
Adam Dury of UEA-based Weatherquest said that the storms are set to hit Norfolk at about 6pm but reiterated the fact that they will be isolated.
'North Norfolk are most likely to see the heavy rain and thunderstorms with a slight possibly of place between Norwich and Great Yarmouth seeing a shower,' he said. 'Swaffham and The Wash may be at risk as well but personally I don't think anywhere in Suffolk or south Norfolk will see any rain.'
The first spells of rain are expected in the county at 6pm and may persist until midnight with between 5mm and 15mm of rain set to fall.
You may also want to watch:
The storms will cause temperatures to drop to about 23C on Thursday but it will remain dry. On Friday there is a heavy risk of showers in the afternoon with highs of 25C.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban