Horham wind turbine plans, near Eye, withdrawn after petition to Mid Suffolk council
Proposals for two wind turbines have been withdrawn after a petition signed by nearly 200 residents was sent to Mid Suffolk District Council.
Plans for two 50kw wind turbines on the Lodge Farm in Horham, near Eye, were shelved after a petition with over 180 signatures protesting against the plans was handed in to the district council.
A spokesperson for Mosscliff Environmental, the company behind the scheme, said: 'The planning process has allowed us to consult with many organisations and individuals and after reviewing all of the concerns raised relating to the wind energy proposal, we have decided to withdraw the planning application. This is pending further consultation with the view to re-submit an application once all issues are addressed.'
Mid Suffolk received the plans for the wind turbines measuring over 45 metres at the end of November and had received over 40 public comments.
Lorraine Hamber, 42, resident of Horham for nine years, said: 'I am cautiously optimistic, it is great news that they have been withdrawn. They have seen that the application was flawed.'
Horham and Athelington Parish Council objected to the wind turbines as it would be to the detriment of a historical feature in the landscape – Horham Airfield which was the base of the American 95th Bomb group during the Second World War.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 8 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm