Honingham grandfather offers Norfolk couples the chance to hire a Thai tuk tuk
They are best known as a form of transportation in countries such as Thailand but now happy couples in Norfolk can hire out a tuk tuk to use on their special day.
Malcolm Joyce has just launched his new venture Tuk Tuk Joy Limo Hire to offer brides and grooms something different for their wedding.
The 54-year-old runs the business from Felthorpe industrial estate, near Ringland, and has two of the three wheeled vehicles, one pink and one white, which can be hired out for a range of events including weddings, proms, birthday parties and film and TV nights.
'I just wanted to do something different,' said Mr Joyce, who lives in Honingham, near Easton. 'Dare I say it, people will still spend money on weddings and funerals and when I saw this business up for sale, I thought I would go for it.'
Tuk tuks are used as taxis in Thailand. They are motorised rickshaws which have been nicknamed tuk tuks because of the sound of their engines.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Joyce bought the company, which is just one of two in the country hiring out tuk tuks for special occasions, from a man in Lancashire who was moving abroad.
Together with his wife Diane, Mr Joyce is one of three drivers in the company. It is the first time Mr Joyce, who has ME, has run his own business.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
One of the vehicles is a four seater while the other is a six seater.
Mr Joyce, a father of three and grandfather of two, with a third grandchild on the way, said: 'Whenever we take them out for a drive, everyone stops and takes a look at them. It's something a bit different for Norwich and Norfolk.'
For more about the company, go to http://tuk-tuk-joy.moonfruit.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eastern Daily Press, will be hosting its Wedding Show at the Norfolk Showground in Costessey on Saturday, February 25 and Sunday, February 26.
The biggest wedding event in the region promises to be something really special for those planning their big day, featuring more than 150 exhibitors and four daily fashion shows.
Tickets cost �6 each or two tickets for �10. Wedding party for four people �16.
To book tickets, call 01603 772175 and go to www.edp24.co.uk/weddings.
Are you launching an innovative business venture? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com.