Hong Kong’s number one Norwich City supporter keeping his fingers crossed for a win against Rotherham
- Credit: Archant
He has travelled 6000 miles from Hong Kong to see the Norwich City play this weekend - but Canary fans could be forgiven for being a little nervous at his arrival.
For David Lee can't recall the last time he saw a Norwich win.
The Canary super-fan makes the 13-hour flight each year to see his favourite team and has crammed five matches into his two-week trip this time round.
'I can't recall the last time I saw a Norwich win to be honest,' he said.
He first began supporting Norwich in 1992, because the club's badge reminded him of two lovebirds he had when he was young. 'I kept a cage of lovebirds and it looked similar to the Canaries, also the yellow and green colour caught my eyes!'
Mr Lee, 40, will be in the city until October 26.
While he is here he has tickets to matches at Rotherham, Fulham, Leeds in the EFL Cup and two Under-23 games at Carrow Road.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
'I will miss the Preston game next Saturday, since I will go to see my favourite New Zealand player Rory Fallon at Truro City, in the National League South.'
His favourite Canary player is Russell Martin.
'Last year I saw him and he said he remembered me when I went to Wycombe to see Gary Holt, I was shocked since it's many years ago,'
40-year-old David has competition for the number one Norwich fan in Hong Kong.
'There are not many Norwich fans I know in Hong Kong, one of them is Norman.
'He has supported the club longer than me since 1979, as he studied in Norwich before.'
David predicts a 3-0 win to Norwich in Saturday's game against Rotherham.
The match kicks off at 3pm tomorrow at Carrow Road.