More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- Credit: UK Power Networks
More than 450 homes were hit with a power cut in mid Norfolk this evening.
UK Power Networks was first alerted at around 3.30pm on Tuesday September 14. The company received 21 phone calls from customers.
Postcodes affected by the power cut include NR19 2, NR20 3, NR20 4 and NR20 5.
In an update at 9pm, they wrote: “It's going to take us a little longer than we expected to get all the power back on in the area.
“Our engineers have advised there is further work required than we originally anticipated.
You may also want to watch:
“Therefore, we're now aiming to restore supplies between 9pm and 10pm. We are sorry we've had to change the estimated time, but we'll keep you updated.”
At 9.30pm the company added: “Our engineers have been able to reroute more power around the faulty section of the network and restore a further 159 supplies
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
“There are now 311 properties still affected, so your power may have come on sooner than we originally advised.
“If you're still off, please don't worry; work on the issue will continue.”