Homeowner chases off masked burglar in attempted break-in in Mildenhall
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Police are appealing for witnesses after a homeowner chased off a masked burglar who had broken into his house.
The attempted burglary took place at around 6.45pm yesterday (Wednesday) at a house in Church Walk, Mildenhall.
According to police, the victim heard loud banging at his back door and, upon going to investigate, discovered a man wearing a balaclava had broken into the house.
He shouted at the man, who shouted back in a foreign language before running away out of the back door empty-handed.
The offender is described as being over 6ft and of large build. He was wearing a black balaclava, a black woollen coat and black trousers. He spoke in a language believed to be eastern European.
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident, two men described as wearing black knitted woollen beanies pulled down over their faces, were seen driving in a silver estate car from Wamil Way onto Queensway.
Police were called and searched the area assisted by the dog unit, but were not able to locate the offenders.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have seen either the men or a car matching the description to contact them.
Calls should be made to the Bury St Edmunds Priority Crime Team on 101 quoting reference MH/14/1857, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.