Holt woman loses 21 inches of hair for charity
Holt pub regular and cleaner Jodie Lees has had her long hair cut off for a cancer charity close to her heart.
The 29-year-old from Shrublands Court in the town lost her 54cm (21in) brown locks at the Railway Tavern, where she is a cleaner and a regular customer.
'I was planning to have them cut off anyway but decided to do it for a good cause after a member of my close family was diagnosed with cancer,' she explained.
'Some might say that I'm mad for doing this, but I just want to do my bit to help raise awareness and hopefully some money for them,' she added.
Jodie's hair, which was half way down back was cropped back to half an inch long by friend and mobile hairdresser Laura Wright in the space of about 20 minutes, surrounded by friends and family a the pub.
'Some of the children were a bit shocked, but it feels lovely. I just hope the cold weather doesn't come back again,' she added.
Landlord Tony Groom said: 'Considering the length of her hair it was a considerable sacrifice, and I hope she raises a lot of money.'
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 3 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 4 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 5 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 6 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 7 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 8 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 9 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 10 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
The effort has so far raised about �200, but people can support the Cancer Research cause by making a pledge a the website www.justgiving.com/jodie-lees.