Holt variety show boosts charities
Variety entertainment boosted charities after a successful show at Holt which combined the talents of professionals and local amateurs.
Singers, comics and dancers took to the stage at the Auden Theatre for an extra spring show by the Good Intentions Fund-raising Team, whose September version can raise as much as �3,000 for good causes.
Organiser Yvonne Tiffany said she did not yet know how much had been raised by the 'bonus' show, but that the 200-strong audience had enjoyed the acts.
Father and son duo Simmons and Simmons, who headlined the Cromer Pier Show the previous two summers, headlined the event with their blend of comedy and song.
Others acts included Cromer High School dance duo Twisted - Laura Smith and Charlotte Crane - Mundesley singer Sharon Hunt, and 10-year-old show song singer Howard Rooke from Mundesley who were all recruited from a talent show run by the charity won by the Broadland Youth Choir who also appeared in the show.
They were joined by singer Mercedes Faiers, rural poetess Doreen Reed, pianist John Harris, comedy magician Steve Medler, Broadland choir soloist Zaira Palumbo, comedian Pat Nearney and the Lowestoft Signing Choir, whose deaf members did sign language versions of Queen's Magic and We'll Meet Again.
The singing choir, North Norfolk Citizens Advice Bureau and the Water Rats showbiz charity - where Keith Simmons is King Rat this year - will all get a share of the show proceeds.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
GIFT will again be staging its main variety show on September 25 with acts including EastEnders taxi driver actor Derek Martin, and the London Philharmonic Skiffle Orchestra lined up alongside Simmons and Simmons.