Holt Sunday market to take place with record number of traders
- Credit: Daniella Self / Supplied by Love Holt
A Sunday market boasting a variety of stalls selling everything from street food to crafts is to return to a north Norfolk town with a bumper crop of vendors.
Holt's regular Sunday market made a welcome return to the town last month after a hiatus of more than 60 years.
Taking place in the Market Place and Star Plain, the event saw the streets closed off to traffic to host a range of stalls selling everything from locally brewed beer to handmade textiles and food.
Now, the event will return to the town for its second instalment of the summer on Sunday, July 4, with more than 40 independent businesses selling their wares.
Taking place from 10am-4pm, the market will once again see the centre of Holt pedestrianised and turned into a bustling marketplace complete with music and communal tables for people to sit at and soak up the atmosphere.
Iain Wilson, leader of Love Holt, a communication and support hub for the town, said the first market had been "superb".
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The first one went extremely well which was great. We had a reasonably good turnout, 2,000 - 3,000 people came to the market through the course of the day. So it went very well. All the makers are independent and they are local and predominantly non-food."
Mr Wilson said there was a "really nice mix" of different people at the market on June 6 and a good atmosphere that was friendly and reminiscent of continental markets.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
He said: "We're now running [the market] each week in July on Sundays and hope it will build from there.
"We had no parking issues so people could park relatively well and around 25 of Holt's shops were open, Bakers and Larners being the biggest. We're hoping that more shops will open as they see the numbers the market brings."
On market day part of the high street and some other sections of Holt's roads will be closed to cars. Parking is available at a number of locations in the town including Budgens, Albert Street and Station Road.
The Holt market is scheduled to take place every Sunday in July and August.