Body of missing man found in market town
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The body of a 92-year-old man who was reported missing on Boxing Day has been found, police have said.
Frank Fidgeon, from Bodham, near Holt, was reported missing just after 4.30pm on December 26 after he had failed to show up to a planned visit to a family member at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
He had left his home in his black Nissan Qashqai at around 1.30pm that day.
A passer-by reported finding an elderly man unconscious on the ground in Rightup Lane, Wymondham, shortly after midday today (December 27).
He was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency service personnel.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification has not yet taken place, although Mr Fidgeon's family has been informed.
His death is not being treated as suspicious, and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront