Body of missing man found in market town
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The body of a 92-year-old man who was reported missing on Boxing Day has been found, police have said.
Frank Fidgeon, from Bodham, near Holt, was reported missing just after 4.30pm on December 26 after he had failed to show up to a planned visit to a family member at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
He had left his home in his black Nissan Qashqai at around 1.30pm that day.
A passer-by reported finding an elderly man unconscious on the ground in Rightup Lane, Wymondham, shortly after midday today (December 27).
He was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency service personnel.
Formal identification has not yet taken place, although Mr Fidgeon's family has been informed.
His death is not being treated as suspicious, and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 4 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 5 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 9 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 10 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks