Body of missing man found in market town
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The body of a 92-year-old man who was reported missing on Boxing Day has been found, police have said.
Frank Fidgeon, from Bodham, near Holt, was reported missing just after 4.30pm on December 26 after he had failed to show up to a planned visit to a family member at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
He had left his home in his black Nissan Qashqai at around 1.30pm that day.
A passer-by reported finding an elderly man unconscious on the ground in Rightup Lane, Wymondham, shortly after midday today (December 27).
He was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency service personnel.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification has not yet taken place, although Mr Fidgeon's family has been informed.
His death is not being treated as suspicious, and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack