Holkham Park announces it is reopening
- Credit: Archant
Holkham Park is reopening this Sunday, June 21 along with its car park - just in time for a Father’s Day walk.
Parts of the Holkham Estate reopened last month as lockdown rules eased, but most sites remain closed.
A spokesman said: “After careful planning and consideration, Holkham Park and its car park will reopen, with managed vehicle capacities, from Sunday, June 21 on a daily basis from 10am to 5pm.
“The green spaces of the park will be available for you to enjoy, as will the toilet facilities for your convenience.
“Our cycle hire offering will also be operating on June 21, 27 and 28.
You may also want to watch:
“However, to begin with, the hall, walled garden, Holkham Stories Experience, the Courtyard café and gift shop, ropes course, boat hire and woodland play area will remain closed.
“Food and drink concessions within the park will be available on some days.
- 1 First look inside Norfolk garden centre after £1.25m refurbishment
- 2 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 3 Work on McDonalds and Starbucks site 'breaks rules', councillors claim
- 4 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 5 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 7 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 8 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 9 When do some of Norfolk’s most popular attractions reopen?
- 10 'He absolutely pummeled me' - Man, 70, describes vicious attack
“As part of our safety policy, we ask all customers to adhere to strict social distancing, use the sanitiser provided and pay by card across the estate at all times.”
The main beach car parks at Holkham and Wells-next-the-Sea reopened at the end of May.
The 25,000-acre estate closed its car parks, hall, cafés and shops to follow government guidelines in March.
Holkham Hall also hosted Norfolk’s first virtual food festival earlier this month, which was watched by 60,000 people around the world.
To see the full reopening plans for Holkham park visit holkham.co.uk