Holkham Park provides beautiful setting for run
- Credit: Ian Burt
The beautiful surroundings of one of north Norfolk's most attractive country estates was again the backdrop for an annual charity run.
Forty-six people of all ages took part in 10km, 5km or 1km runs in yesterday's event at Holkham Park. It raised funds for Heritage House in Wells, which is a day care centre where elderly and frail people come to socialise and have a home-cooked meal.
Day care manager Mary Britton said: 'We are a small but perfectly formed run.
'We hold the event every first Sunday in October, with the kind permission of Holkham, and this was the fifth one. It's a lovely run around the lake at Holkham Park.
'We are very grateful for the same people turning out every year, and we hope to see them back again next October. We have not counted the money raised yet. We use the funds to help subsidise our self-funders.
You may also want to watch:
'If we can support people it allows them to stay at home and out of hospitals for longer.
'That is what everybody wants. If they come in and have a hot meal with us, it means they don't have to cook at home.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 10 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
'Some people don't see anybody unless they come to us.'
Looking ahead, she said that some of the runners had already enrolled in its 'Dash and Dip' event on New Year's Day in Wells.
Heritage House is open daily, except weekends, and helps up to 90 different people each week.
? Have you organised an event for charity? Email email@example.com