Holkham Hall issues apology after Sir Tom Jones concert disruption
- Credit: Clare Sparling
Holkham Hall has issued an apology after revellers were stuck in traffic for hours en route to a Sir Tom Jones concert.
Sunday's concert was marred by gridlock on the route into the site after an accident on the roads.
There was also criticism of disabled access at the site.
You may also want to watch:
The estate said on Facebook: 'Holkham Estate would like to sincerely apologise for any delays that guests experienced in travelling to the Tom Jones concert on Sunday 23rd July.
'We hosted two large-scale events at Holkham on the day and with that in mind additional resources were deployed as well as a full traffic management plan. Despite these measures being taken, we recognise that there was a very high volume of traffic in the area and in Holkham Park causing problems and delays for drivers. This was further compounded by a road traffic accident on the main access route to Holkham.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
'At Holkham, we pride ourselves on the quality of our events, which we have been successfully hosting on the estate for over a decade. The safety and experience of our guests is always paramount. We are doing everything we can to ensure this situation will never happen again.
'We would like to reassure guests that we are undertaking a full investigation into the logistics of the event. We are working closely in this respect with the organisers of the Country Fair and the Tom Jones concert.
'We have already been communicating with concert-goers, but if you wish to contact us please send your enquiry via email to Holkham Estate.'