Holiday marks couple’s 70 years together
A COUPLE from Beccles celebrated their platinum wedding anniversary – 70 years together – with a family holiday to Southwold.
Frederick, 92, and Barbara Emslie, 89, celebrated their big day last Saturday.
They first met in December 1939 at a Christmas party in Dyers Department Store in Portsmouth, where Mrs Emslie worked.
Mr Emslie was in the Navy at the time, a career which he followed for 30 years.
They moved to Beccles in 1983 to be closer to their family, which includes three grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Emslie said the secret to their long lasting marriage is tolerance.
They went away on holiday with 10 members of their family to a cottage in Southwold to celebrate the occasion.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend