Hold on, I think I’ve hooked the Codfather... Norwich angler catches fish that’s BIGGER than him.
There can't be many anglers who've caught a fish that's bigger than they are. Matt Gallant achieved the incredible feat when he pulled a 7ft 6ins catfish out of Spain's River Ebro.
Pipefitter Mr Gallant was on a fishing trip with his friend Danny Walpole when the albino catfish, weighing 180lbs, took his bait.
Mr Gallant, from King Street, Norwich, believes the specimen is the third largest albino catfish ever caught.
It was also larger than its 28-year-old captor, who is 6ft 2ins tall and weights 12st 8oz.
'It was my first-ever catfish,' said Mr Gallant. 'The day before I caught a 40lbs common carp from the same stretch of river. My biggest before that was a 22lbs common carp from a lake at Lenwade.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gallant, who has been fishing from the age of four, said the fish took 25 minutes to land on a rod he bought for �30 on eBay.
'I caught it in the last hour of the last nigyht of the trip,' he added.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
Mr Gallant's fishing companion and workmate Mr Walpole also enjoyed some bites. Mr Walpole, 25, from Catton, landed a 175lbs wels catfish on the same trip.