Life gets sweeter for post office moving to tearooms
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A town post office has taken the unusual step of moving into a tearooms.
Hingham Post Office will be operating in Chalfonts Tearooms from Friday, September 21.
Tearoom owner Janet Raybould said: 'It's important to have an accessible post office. There's a lot of people who can't get to a bank or change their money.'
The post office had previously been in Harrods of Hingham, which closed in May but allowed the post office to continue operating in the building. Now it is being forced to move on, but Mrs Raybould, who also runs the village green grocer, thinks the new arrangement can work for everyone, adding: 'People can buy a cup of coffee while they're in there.'
Hingham Post Office will be open at Chalfronts Tearooms on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9.30am-12.30pm.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk