Head shaving couple raise thousands for toddler twins with cancer
- Credit: Archant
A couple who had their heads shaved at an emotional fundraising event have raised thousands for toddler twins with cancer.
Georgia Newman and husband Fergus Newman, from Reymerston, near Hingham, decided to shave their heads to raise money for the hospital treating family friends, three-year-old Edward and Austin Gasson from Sittingbourne, Kent.
More than 50 people turned out to the event at Lincoln Hall in Hingham last Saturday (February 2, 2019).
So far the couple have raised £4,000 and said they were overwhelmed by the support.
Mrs Newman said: 'We all found the event really emotional, everyone was just thinking about their own children and of course the twins.'
The Hingham mother said she was surprised by how cold her head had been since the shave and that although her 13 month old daughter still recognised her, the new do had confused others.
People wanting to support the campaign can still donate via justgiving.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 New homes in Norfolk village will be for locals