Head shaving couple raise thousands for toddler twins with cancer
- Credit: Archant
A couple who had their heads shaved at an emotional fundraising event have raised thousands for toddler twins with cancer.
Georgia Newman and husband Fergus Newman, from Reymerston, near Hingham, decided to shave their heads to raise money for the hospital treating family friends, three-year-old Edward and Austin Gasson from Sittingbourne, Kent.
More than 50 people turned out to the event at Lincoln Hall in Hingham last Saturday (February 2, 2019).
So far the couple have raised £4,000 and said they were overwhelmed by the support.
Mrs Newman said: 'We all found the event really emotional, everyone was just thinking about their own children and of course the twins.'
You may also want to watch:
The Hingham mother said she was surprised by how cold her head had been since the shave and that although her 13 month old daughter still recognised her, the new do had confused others.
People wanting to support the campaign can still donate via justgiving.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks