Village bridge set to close for maintenance work
- Credit: Norfolk County Council
A bridge in a Norfolk village will close for two weeks for maintenance work.
Repairs to Burston Bridge, located between C341 Burston Road, Scole and Audley End, Burston and Shimpling, will begin from August 21.
Repainting will be carried out and repairs to the brickwork will be made and the work is expected to take up to two weeks to complete.
It has been scheduled during the summer holidays and before the August bank holiday to minimise disruption.
The road, which crosses a tributary of the river Waveney, must be closed to vehicular traffic during due to its narrow width, to provide a safe working area and storage of materials within the highway.
You may also want to watch:
An official signed diversion route for vehicles will be in place and pedestrian access across the bridge will always be maintained.
The County Council thanks people for their patience while these maintenance works are being carried out.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
The work which will cost an estimated £12,500 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors.