Village bridge set to close for maintenance work
- Credit: Norfolk County Council
A bridge in a Norfolk village will close for two weeks for maintenance work.
Repairs to Burston Bridge, located between C341 Burston Road, Scole and Audley End, Burston and Shimpling, will begin from August 21.
Repainting will be carried out and repairs to the brickwork will be made and the work is expected to take up to two weeks to complete.
It has been scheduled during the summer holidays and before the August bank holiday to minimise disruption.
The road, which crosses a tributary of the river Waveney, must be closed to vehicular traffic during due to its narrow width, to provide a safe working area and storage of materials within the highway.
You may also want to watch:
An official signed diversion route for vehicles will be in place and pedestrian access across the bridge will always be maintained.
The County Council thanks people for their patience while these maintenance works are being carried out.
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 People released from car after crash closes road
- 6 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 7 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 8 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 9 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
The work which will cost an estimated £12,500 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors.