Hethersett Velo Club gets on the road to expansion
- Credit: Archant
More members are sought for a village cylcing club, which has hopes of expanding to a nearby town.
Hethersett Velo Club has launched a re-branding and 'rejuvenation drive' to bolster its numbers beyond its current 45 cyclists.
Andy Cook, rider leader, said the club had members aged from 17 to 75, and they went out for rides on Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings.
He said: 'We want to encourage people to come along and enjoy cycling in a group. Our motto is nobody ever gets left behind.
'We may well become Hethersett and Wymondham Velo Club as half of our current membership comes from Wymondham,'
You may also want to watch:
Some members, including Rodney Arbon and Alistair Barrows, also take part in charity bike rides.
For more information, email Anneke Cook at email@example.com or look up HethersettCyclingClub on Facebook.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old