Heston Blumenthal cooks for the public at Great Yarmouth Market Place
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal reinvented mushy peas during a visit to Great Yarmouth Market Place.
The restaurateur and television chef visited the market place, famous for its chip stalls, to film for his new Channel 4 show, Heston's Fantastical Food.
The programme, due to air later this year, focuses on dishes that built Britain and sees Heston travelling the country, taking a different iconic British dish each week, deconstructing it and rebuilding it with a suitably Blumenthal-twist.
In Yarmouth this afternoon, he headed to the well-established Pie and Pea stall where he grabbed a pan and set about cooking mushy peas for an episode all about fish and chips.
The chef also posed for photographs and chatted to members of the public, before offering samples of his pea-dish to passers-by.
You may also want to watch:
Duncan Mallett, market manager at Great Yarmouth Borough Council, said: 'I had a quick chat with him and I thanked for coming to Yarmouth when he could have chosen north Norfolk, which is a bit Chelsea-on-Sea. He said he was happy to be here.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea