Heritage of Carbrooke on show at festival
- Credit: Archant
The life and times of a village were explored during a heritage festival weekend.
Carbrooke Celebration was an event, organised by the Carbrooke Heritage Group, to explore how people lived, played, worshipped and worked in the village.
There were heritage displays at the church of St Peter and St Paul and the village hall.
The group deemed the event a success, with an estimated £1,500 raised which will be split between the village pre-school, hall, church and Millennium green charities.
Angela Weatherill, from the group, said: 'Carbrooke Celebration was a weekend-long event to celebrate Carbrooke life, past, present and future - making use of and enjoying our wonderful facilities.'
You may also want to watch:
A new churchyard information board was also unveiled. The father of one of the group members is an artist living in France and he hand-painted the design of the church on the board.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland