Heritage of Carbrooke on show at festival
- Credit: Archant
The life and times of a village were explored during a heritage festival weekend.
Carbrooke Celebration was an event, organised by the Carbrooke Heritage Group, to explore how people lived, played, worshipped and worked in the village.
There were heritage displays at the church of St Peter and St Paul and the village hall.
The group deemed the event a success, with an estimated £1,500 raised which will be split between the village pre-school, hall, church and Millennium green charities.
Angela Weatherill, from the group, said: 'Carbrooke Celebration was a weekend-long event to celebrate Carbrooke life, past, present and future - making use of and enjoying our wonderful facilities.'
You may also want to watch:
A new churchyard information board was also unveiled. The father of one of the group members is an artist living in France and he hand-painted the design of the church on the board.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region