How you can help catch Peter Wrighton’s killer
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Police have issued an appeal poster as officers continue to hunt for the killer of Peter Wrighton who was found in woodland near East Harling.
It includes a photo of Mr Wrighton and one of the dogs he was walking, when he was murdered on Saturday, August 5, and a description of what the retired BT worker was wearing.
The poster also asks resident near the murder scene to check their bins for sharp objects and bloodstained clothing.
It comes after police issued CCTV footage of Mr Wrighton purchasing some items from Kenninghall Post Office little more than 30 minutes before his body was found.
Officers also gave descriptions of three people they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The details of the three people, who were not necessarily seen together, came from witnesses in the area at the time.
DS Andy Smith, from Norfolk Police, said they have not been declared suspects and are people officers have not been able to trace, yet might have vital information.
MORE: Animal attack ruled out in East Harling murder caseThe men are described as:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
? White man, aged over 50, of a slim build with pale skin with grey or white hair which is balding on top. It is believed he was wearing heavy rimmed glasses and light coloured trousers. He was seen in The Street changing into a white t-shirt.
? White man with a tanned complexion, aged 25 to 30 years old, between 5ft 9in and 5ft 11in tall. He is of athletic build with short dark wavy hair and dark eyes. It is believed he was wearing a grey or blue t-shirt and grey floppy gym-style shorts above the knee and heavy duty flip flops.
? White man, aged 30 to 50 years old, of a medium build wearing dark coloured clothing. He was seen walking without a dog in the northern area of the heath.
MORE: East Harling murder: police aim to trace Peter Wrighton's final movementsMore than 100 officers are now working on DS Smith described as a 'large scale, complex, detailed investigation', which has included forensic analysis of the scene, house-to-house enquiries and extensive searches of the area.
• Anyone with information should phone the dedicated numbers set up to deal with calls about the incident, which are 0800 056 0944 or 0207 158 0010, quoting Operation Graduate.
• Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.