Experience Arthurian romance in a 12th century abbey
- Credit: Archant
Music and fantasy lovers alike will get the chance to experience Camelot at the historic Wymondham Abbey this summer.
Wymondham Choral Society and internationally acclaimed Handel specialists The Brook Street Band and friends will perform Henry Purcell's extravagant opera King Arthur (or The British Worthy) on Saturday, July 7 at 7.30pm.
The choir and orchestra will be conducted by Claire Dixon and joined by soloists Charlotte Ashley and Laura Morgan (soprano), Daniel Joy (tenor) and Rupert Reid (bass).
Tickets are £15 in advance, £18 on the door and £5 for under-16s, all of which will be available from local outlets including George Reeve Ltd in Wymondham.
For more information visit www.wymondhamchoralsociety.org.uk/
You may also want to watch:
The charity being supported on the night is the East Anglia's Children's Hospice at Quidenham.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies