Help a heart and give up your unwanted electricals for charity at North Norfolk District Council recycling event
- Credit: Angela Sharpe Photography
An electrical recycling event is being planned in an attempt to reduce the amount of unwanted items going to landfill.
North Norfolk District Council and the British Heart Foundation are teaming up for the event, which will be held at the council's head office car park in Holt Road, Cromer.
The British Heart Foundation will be taking working condition electrical items such as DVD players, digi boxes, music centres and kitchen appliances for resale via their shops.
Councillor Annie Claussen-Reynolds, North Norfolk's cabinet member for the environment, said: 'Around 60pc of the one million tonnes of electrical equipment generated in the UK each year is recycled or reused.
'But there is a large shortfall and we need to do more to reduce the amount going to landfill.
You may also want to watch:
'Events like this encourage further recycling or reuse of electrical equipment, so people taking part can do their bit both for the environment and for charity.'
Baby equipment, old bulky TVs, electric blankets, fridges/freezers, fluorescent tubes/light-bulbs, commercial items, tumble driers, monitors and non-electrical items cannot be accepted.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
Any items not suitable for resale will be taken for recycling by the council, working with Kier.
The event will take place on Saturday, November 18, from 8am to 12.30pm.
For more information and to find out if your item can be accepted, please call 01263 516195.
For information about large electrical items, visit www.norfolk.gov.uk/recyclingcentres.