Wild West fun at Hellesdon Hospital
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Yee-hah! Staff, patients and families had a rootin' tootin' day of fun as the Wild West came to Hellesdon Hospital.
Cowboys and cowgirls strutted their stuff as children tried the bucking bronco at the annual Hellesdon Hospital fete on Saturday.
The Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust hosted the event to raise money for a much-needed activities area. The family-friendly fete included an array of craft and food stalls and traditional fete games.
Staff and volunteers at the hospital hoped to raise £25,000 for a new a multi-use games area on Drayton High Road.
The outside space will have a range of activities and sports such as; basketball, tennis, football and netball and will help boost physical and mental well-being.
You may also want to watch:
Matron Heidi McKay, said the fun day was 'fantastic' and gave staff the chance to 'explain more about the range of services our trust provides every day to thousands of people of all ages across Norfolk and Suffolk'.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 VIDEO: Cantwell missing as City prepare for Chelsea trip