Helicopters spotted as emergency services search for missing person
- Credit: Archant
Helicopters have been spotted above a south Norfolk town.
A helicopter and a drone have been deployed overnight to help search for missing man David Honess.
Mr Honess, who is 80 and vulnerable, was last seen at his home address on Melton Road on Thursday afternoon.
After being alerted to his disappearance, officers made enquiries to Mr Honess' whereabouts but were unable to locate the 80 year-old, known as Lordy, and have become concerned for his welfare.
Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue Team had 20 members searching throughout the night in the Wymondham area working jointly with the police and fire service.
You may also want to watch:
Searching targeted areas as a result of information received from the Police, the search for Mr Hones was still ongoing in the early hours of Friday morning.
Mr Honess is described as white, 5ft 6in tall, and of slim build. It is believed he may be wearing a blue long sleeved shirt and blue jeans.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
Anyone who may have seen him, or knows of his whereabouts, should contact Norfolk Police immediately on 101 quoting CAD 291.